Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Beer and boys

Hey there,

So I'm very excited that my favorite neighborhood bar is having a Sam Adams event on Thursday!  Barfly's on Fort is having a sampler of PUMPKIN BEER, MAPLE PECAN PORTER, and some other stuff that doesn't sound as good to me.  I particularly love these kinds of fallish beers.  As you can tell, this whole "no drinking for 30 days" isn't really working out for me...Oh well.  I am strict as hell with my food, so what's a beer now and then??

Speaking of my diet, I'm doing really well on it.  Not really craving sweets like I was afraid I would.  I have to say, my skin looks all glowy and isn't breaking out.  Also, sleeping like a freakin baby.  Eating right and working out does a body good.

Ok back to more interesting stuff.  I told y'all I'd update you on this boy situation I've got goin.  So, last night I went to the gym and B was there talking in a group of people I know.  The first thing he says to me is, "I texted you back last night".  He seemed a little hurt that I hadn't replied.  I was surprised and it caught me off guard so I SAID I DIDN'T GET THE TEXT. Ok, I will wait while you talk about what a freaking bad dater I am...I know it was a stupid thing to say.  My friends are all baffled my complete lack of communication skills with a man I'm interested in.  I can talk to almost anyone with no problem.  I've even been called "witty".  Well, not when I think someone's cute.  Forget about it.  I'm a bumbling idiot.  Back to the story.  So, we are both a little awkward.  I think he may be as shy/awkward as I am.  I end up just walking away to workout.  I texted him later and told him I had fun Saturday night...he never replied.  I swear, this boy is confusing as hell.  Does he like me or no?  Do I keep trying or no? 

Tomorrow night I'm going to dinner with a guy I used to hook up with.  We somehow moved into friend zone a few months ago.  I kept his dog all last week - precious lil guy - and he is taking me and P to dinner as a "thank you" gesture.  I think it could be fun...though, me and P were emailing and we're not sure what our dinner conversation is going to be like.  We came to the conclusion that we will drink wine and everything will be fine.

I know that I am TOTALLY going back on the plan not to discuss dating too much.  It happens to be what is on my mind.  If this situation continues to go awry, I'll start talking about something else...just not sure what yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment