Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dogsitting may kill my social life...

So, I'm dogsitting for a friend of mine and the lil guy needed to go to the bathroom early this morning so I took him for a walk around my neighborhood with rollers in my hair.  For the record, I don't roll my hair every day.  I'm having my photo taken today for my company's website and I want to look pretty.  What? Anyway, my neighbors are all a little crazy, so I really don't care except that with my luck, the man of my dreams drove by while I was picking up poop wearing a raincoat with rollers in my hair...what are ya gonna do??

Moving on...I'm on day 3 of that diet I mentioned yesterday, the Whole 30.  It is a strict version of the Paleo diet.  I won't get all "sciencey" here and tell you the ins and outs.  Google it if you're interested.  I think it is awesome.  The gist of it is that I can eat: meat, veggies, fruit and tree nuts.  I can't eat: dairy, grains, legumes or sweetener of any kind.  For the Whole 30, I'm trying to cut fruit for a few days just to regulate my blood sugar and keep my sweet cravings down.  I'm a LOVER of sweets so this isn't easy.  So far, I'm doing well.  I am sleeping good and I've got lots of energy and no cravings.  I'll keep you posted.

I planned to keep the dating talk to a minimum, but I started thinking about it and dating is a big part of my life.  Also, one of the reasons I started this blog is to talk about what it is like to be single in the north as compared to the south.  Here are a couple of observations:

1. Southern guys are a LOT more likely to approach you and start a conversation.  Here is my theory on why.  Northern girls are killing my game.  You ladies are too agressive and make it too easy for these guys.  They know that if you want them, you're going to approach them.  Why do you do it?  I mean, I know we're all taught to go for what you want in life and all that.  The thing is: you can't fight biology.  I don't care what anyone says.  Men like the thrill of the chase.  Women like to be chased.  Can we all agree to just let that be?  I know it sounds a bit old fashioned, but it is what I believe.  Apparently, it is what a lot of southern women believe, because the dynamic is totally different down there. 

2. There are more single "thirty-somethings" up north.  This is definitely a plus.  Now, I think that the reason is that people tend to get married younger down south.  I don't have a lot to say about this...just an observation.  I do think it is off-putting to meet a 37 year old man who has never been in a serious relationship.  I have come across that a lot.  It sort of indicates that there is something wrong with him.  Am I wrong to think that?  I'd rather him be divorced.  At least we know he can pull the trigger, right?

I always start itching for the weekend on Wednesdays.  I've got girls night this friday and I'm not drinking for the Whole 30.  I hope the ladies don't try to peer pressure me! ha It will be interesting to bar hop while only drinking soda water with lemon...I think it will definitely give me something to post about!

No comments:

Post a Comment