Monday, October 17, 2011

The freakin weekend...

Hello there readers,

I had an interesting weekend.  I definitely drank on DAY 6 of the Whole 30.  FAIL...I think it was worth it.  Friday night, P (the roommate) had some girls over for a clothing party thing and we were all supposed to go out afterward.  There were 15 girls and they all pooped out by 11:30, so that night was pretty much a bust.  I did make it through that party and the bar with out drinking or eating badly. 

So, here is another dating story.  I believe that it nicely illustrates how bad I am at dating.  I met a guy at my gym that we'll call B. I met him one afternoon a few weeks ago, made some small talk with him and haven't really seen him since.  On Saturday I was working out and he came in and we started talking.  He asked where I was watching a football game that night and I mentioned a couple of bars in our neighborhood as possibilities.  He says that he is going to the one right by my house and I tell him that maybe I'll see him there.  I start freaking out because I had planned to go watch the game alone.  I didn't want to show up there alone and scare the poor guy - making him think I was thinking we'd made a date.  So my awesome roommate, P, agreed to go with me and hang out for one drink before she goes on her date.  It worked perfect.  We get there and he waves me over immediately, introduces me to his friends and offers us seats at their table.  So nice.  He immediately is smiling and talking to me - clearly seems happy I'm there.  Oh, this is where I fell off the wagon and started drinking.  It seemed weird not to have a couple beers in this situation.  Anyway, back to the story...we had a great time.  Stayed well past the end of the game just talking and hanging out.  He tried to put his number in my phone and have me text him so he'd have my number.  I go home thinking how great all of this was.  I wake up the next morning and have a text saying that the number I had was invalid and it didn't go through.  All day Sunday I'm all distraught that we have no way to get in touch with one another.  And worse, that he's thinking I never texted him from my phone because I didn't want him to have my number.  So, P is all concerned too because she knows that I never like anyone and this is a disaster.  She decides that she should go knock on his door (he lives right across the street) and give him my number.  Now, keep in mind that this is a decision made after drinking at football tailgates all day on Sunday.  His neighbor is outside and she talks to him for a minute and then tells him to let B know that MaryJean stopped by.  REALLY?? NOOOOOO (this is bad b/c you NEVER just stop by a guy's house, right?)  So, I didn't know about this exchange and P went off to her boyfriend's house and I went home.  I actually figured out that the number I had in my phone for B was right and accidentally called the number.  He didn't answer, thank god.  I don't know what I would've said.  So, a little while later I texted him...he replied a sort of short answer about an hour later.  That's it.  I'm convinced I'm never gonna hear from him again.  I mean, how do you go from "no way to get in touch" to "stop by the house, phone call and text" all within an hour.  I kind of want to die.  I should not be allowed around men I like.  JEEZ 

Does anyone have any advice for me?  I mean, this is awful.   I know I have to back off because I'm coming off all stalker at this point.  My roommate and sister both think he'll text or call.  When we were out he made it pretty clear that he's been interested in me for awhile.  I dunno...I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment